COUNTY OF KAUAI PLANNING DEPARTMENT, LIHUE, KAUAI
4444 Rice St., Kapule Building, Lihue, Hawaii 96766. Tel: 241-4050. Pursuant to the provisions of Special Management Area Rules and Regulations of the County of Kauai and Chapter 8 of the Kauai County Code 1987, as amended, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of a hearing to be held by the Planning Commission of the County of Kauai at the Lihue Civic Center, Moikeha Building, Meeting Rooms 2A and 2B, 4444 Rice Street, Lihue, Kauai on Tuesday, July 23, 2019, starting at 9:00 a.m. or soon thereafter to consider the following:
1. Special Management Area Use Permit SMA(U)-2019-6 to construct a single-family residence on a parcel situated along the makai side of Kuhio Highway in Hanalei Town, immediately adjacent to Post Office facility, further identified as 5-5236 Kuhio Highway, Tax Map Key (4) 5-5-002:031, and containing a total land area of 13,129 sq. ft.
2. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2019-14 and Use Permit U-2019-11 to allow operation of a commercial retail agriculture stand on a parcel situated along the western side of Kawaihau Road in Kapahi, approx. 600 ft. west of its intersection with Kaehulua Road, further identified as 5907C Kawaihau Road, Tax Map Key (4) 4-6-011:060, and containing a total land area of 2.006 acres.
3. Class IV Zoning Permit Z-IV-2019-15 and Use Permit U-2019-12 to allow operation of a commercial warehouse facility on a parcel situated along the western side of Kawaihau Road in Kapahi, approx. 600 ft. west of its intersection with Kaehulua Road, further identified as 5907C Kawaihau Road, Tax Map Key (4) 4-6-011:060, and containing a total land area of 2.006 acres.
4. Zoning Amendment ZA-2019-7: A bill (2741) for an ordinance amending Chapter 11A, Kauai County Code 1987, as amended, relating to Environmental Impact Assessment on Land Development. The proposal amends Section 11A-2.1 of the Kauai County Code relating to EIA exemptions.
5. Zoning Amendment ZA-2019-8: A bill (2745) for an ordinance amending Chapter 10, Kauai County Code 1987, as amended, relating to the Lihue Town Core Urban Design District. The proposal amends Section 10-5A.7(a) of the Kauai County Code relating to generally permitted uses and structures within the Special Planning Area “D” (SPA-D), Rice Street Neighborhood Design District.
All persons may present testimony for or against any application as public witnesses. Such testimony should be made in writing and presented to the Department prior to the hearing. Late written testimony may be submitted up to seven days after the close of the hearing in cases where the Commission does not take action on the same day as the hearing. Any party may be represented by counsel if he or she so desires. Also, individuals may appear on their own behalf, a member of a partnership may represent the partnership, and an officer or authorized employee of a corporation or trust or association may represent the corporation, trust or association. Petitions for intervenor status must be submitted to the Commission and the applicant at least seven days prior to the date of the hearing advertised herein and shall be in conformance with Chapter 4 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Planning Commission. Chapter 4 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Planning Commission relating to intervention does not apply to General Plan, Zoning, or State Land Use District Boundary Amendments and Rule Making Procedure before the Commission. Proposed plans, bills and the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Planning Commission are available for inspection during normal business hours at the address above. Copies of the proposal may be mailed to any person willing to pay the required fees for copying and postage. Mailing requests may be made to the Department in writing at the address above. Special accommodations for those with disabilities are available upon request five days prior to the meeting date by contacting the Department at the information above. KAUAI PLANNING COMMISSION, Sean Mahoney, Chairperson, By Kaaina S. Hull, Clerk of the Commission.