- County of Kaua’i
- Water Department
- MANAGER AND CHIEF ENGINEER
- Annual Salary Up to: $137,022
- CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT UNTIL NEEDS ARE MET
- This position provides health benefits, retirement, vacation and sick leave
- The Kaua’i County Board of Water Supply invites highly qualified, service-oriented, and motivated individuals of the highest integrity and ethics to submit a comprehensive resume of their educational and professional qualifications for the position of Manager and Chief Engineer ("Manager") for the Kaua’i Department of Water.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of five years of training and experience in an engineering related position and a minimum of three years in a responsible administrative capacity. Ideally, this would include administration, planning, designing, developing, operating, and managing of utility water supply systems. The ideal candidate will also be a seasoned manager and highly resourceful leader with strong technical knowledge of and experience in utility water supply systems. Demonstrated experience in financial matters, public relations, including public speaking engagements, and personnel matters is highly desirable.
- The Manager shall be a citizen of the United States.
- The Manager has significant interaction with consumers, County, State, Federal and private agencies and administers policies, rules and regulations established by the Kaua’i Board of Water Supply. The Manager selected must demonstrate proven experience in the area of utility capacity planning, long-term facility planning, financing, water quality testing and monitoring, and knowledge of rules and regulations regarding potable drinking water established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and enforced by the Hawai’i State Department of Health.
- In addition to managing the day-to-day operations, the Manager will be expected to work with the Board and assist the Board in the execution of its duties as prescribed by the Charter of the County of Kaua’i.
- To be considered for this exceptional career opportunity, submit a resume, education and degrees, membership in professional organizations such as Hawaii Water Works or American Water Works Associations, and professional references to:
- County of Kaua’i
- Department of Human Resources
- 4444 Rice Street, Suite 140
- Lihu’e, HI 96766
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- (TGI/KMW1336395 8/8, 8/22, 8/25/21)