County of Kauai
MANAGER AND CHIEF ENGINEER
Annual Salary Up to: $119,357
This position provides health benefits, retirement, vacation and sick leave
- The Kauai County Board of Water Supply invites highly qualified, service-oriented, and motivated individuals of the highest integrity and ethics to submit a comprehensive resume of their educational and professional qualifications for the position of Manager and Chief Engineer ("Manager") for the Kauai Department of Water.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) years of training and experience in an engineering position, at least three years of which shall have been in a responsible administrative capacity. Ideally, this would include administration, planning, designing, developing, operating, and managing of utility water supply systems. The ideal candidate must be a seasoned manager and highly resourceful leader with strong knowledge of and experience in utility water supply systems. Demonstrated experience in financial, public relations, including public speaking engagements, and personnel matters is highly desirable.
- The Manager shall be a citizen of the United States and possess a certificate of registration as a professional engineer in the State of Hawaii.
- The Manager has significant interaction with consumers, County, State, Federal and private agencies and administers policies, rules and regulations established by the Kauai Board of Water Supply. The Manager selected must demonstrate proven experience in the area of utility capacity planning, long-term facility planning, financing, water quality testing and monitoring, and knowledge of rules and regulations regarding potable drinking water established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and enforced by the Hawaii State Department of Health.
- In addition to managing the day-to-day operations, the Manager will be expected to work with the Board and assist the Board in the execution of its duties as prescribed by the Charter of the County of Kauai.
- To be considered for this exceptional career opportunity, submit a resume with proof of registered professional license, education and degrees, membership in professional organizations such as Hawaii Water Works or American Water Works Associations, and professional references no later than, Friday, March 16, 2018 to:
- County of Kauai
- Department of Human Resources
- 4444 Rice Street, Suite 140
- Lihu’e, HI 96766
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- (TGI/KMW 1073830 2/28/18)